Monday, January 21, 2019

Fighting Anxieties and Being Inspiring


Hello. Hello. Hello. 

I'm so tempted to put an Adele joke here but I did something too similar yesterday.




However that won't stop me from sharing this picture in the name of 
... science.


I'm back in Columbus, right now. I'm sitting in this area they have in the front of the campus. You can walk up to it from the street. I used to come up here and blast music on Sundays religiously, but I let my anxiety (and refusal to charge my speakers) get the better of me and stopped. There's a Burger King not even a 100 feet away. It smells like burnt fries out here.

Speaking of anxiety, I made a decision last night. I had just gotten done unpacking my bag, and I was feeling anxious again. I didn't want to leave my dorm. But I remembered everything I did over the break to improve myself. I accepted a couple harsh realities and said "Fuck it." I told myself that the anxiety I felt was foolish because I wasn't guilty of anything. I made a decision to always be my own corner man. I decided to fight my negativity with everything within me. And I won the battle. 




An artist's rendition of what went down last night...

© Chartoff-Winkler Productions



So with senseless anxiety becoming another rung on my belt, I decided to go blogging in the student center. And I surprised myself. On the ten minute walk from my dorm to the student center, I oozed confidence and charisma. That was my first confirmation that all of the work I've done hasn't been for naught. 

So this morning I'm the same person. I've got a few more kinks to work out and something to remember that I want to share with you guys.

Our brains will outright refuse to accept any disconnect between our beliefs and our actions. So if you act like a coward 24/7, your brain will eventually believe you are and discourage you from acting otherwise. If you act like an effortlessly cool ladies man, your brain will support that identity too. 





If you don't believe me, just look at this X-Ray of Arnold Schwarzenegger's brain...

©  Shutterstock


To change the way you feel, change the way you think. And to change the way you think, change the way you act. And if you're wondering how you could be effortlessly cool go some place you've never been before know and imagine that you're James Bond. Now do whatever you just imagined for ten minutes. You'll see what I mean. 

Whatever your idea of cool is can evolve as you keep performing. Just remember that you have to start somewhere to go anywhere. 

Do it for yourself. Don't live a life you don't want to lead. Don't make your death that much more painful.


That's all I have to say this morning.


Keep rocking in the free world.





No comments:

Post a Comment