Saturday, January 2, 2021

Evernote Premium Can Fuck Off

So Evernote, is a note-taking service that stores your messages in the cloud. You can write notes on your phone, and then you can access those same notes from any computer, using the Evernote website. I've been using it to write my to-do lists, and to take notes for the last three years. This is not a misplaced advertisement for Evernote.

AFTER THREE YEARS OF SERVICE EVERNOTE HAS DECIDED TO START CHARGING FOR THEIR WEB SERVICE.

It used to be that you could only connect two mobile devices to Evernote and you could connect to the web anywhere without it counting towards your device limit. Which makes sense. On the phone it's an application. On the computer its just a website. You can't connect an infinite amount of phones for free. That would be ridiculous. They have to make their money, somehow. That's reasonable. 

But now after three years they're counting connecting to the website towards your two device limit. Which as I just said. since Evernote is a fucking website, makes no sense. 

But I know why they're doing this. No one wants to buy their shitty premium service, because there's no reason to. Every other month for the past three years I've been hit with "Buy Evernote Premium for $4.99 a month! This is an exclusive deal. We sure as hell won't give you the exact same deal next month!" And since none of that stupid shit worked they're deciding to start changing shit up. Which in my case is fine. I don't necessarily need to use Evernote on my Tablet. I'll stick to using it on my phone and the internet. Or I could just find another fucking service all together. Either way, Evernote just fucked itself and did the opposite of what they intended. I'm not going to buy your stupid premium. It's not worth buying. If anything, I can just use Google Docs on an infinite amount of devices for free. And guess what? Now, since I'm not going to be using Evernote on my tablet, I'm going to uninstall it. 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment