Thursday, February 7, 2019

The Answer Lies Within If You Don't Want to Hear Mötley Crüe Again


What the hell is up?

I'm sitting out here listening to Burt Bacharach. He and I happen to share a beautiful life philosophy.



© A&M Records

I quite frankly don't have much to say this morning.

I woke up at the same time as usual. 5:30 sharp. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, pushed up and sat up all within fifteen minutes. I was really fucking happy about all that. Yet somehow I still wound up leaving the dorm later than usual. Go figure.




© Shutterstock


I still don't have much to say. 

My right leg is in pain. It's been hurting for at least two weeks. But I'll live.



You tell em' Arnie.

© Paramount Pictures


Yep.

YouTube is on point this morning. I'm listening to "If You Could Read My Mind" right now. It auto-played after "This Guy's in Love With You." That was an excellent selection. And I know I sound like I'm being a kiss-up, but I haven't seen auto-play do something that smooth in weeks, when it played a Slipknot after another Slipknot song (AI is amazing, am I right?) I don't know why or how but all roads seem to lead to "Kickstart My Heart."


Listening to Suicide Silence? In ten songs you'll be listening to "Kickstart my Heart."

Rocking out to Sammy Hagar? "Kickstart My Heart" came out in the same era as that song! Let's listen to that next.

Oh you dig Iron Maiden, huh? But have you ever heard "Kickstart My Heart", though?

I've seen YouTube go from playing death metal to power metal to hair metal just so it could play "Kickstart My Heart."




I don't know if these S.O.B.'s paid off Wojcicski, or if the algorithim
was programmed by a fucking troll...


I don't know if it's like this for everyone but my auto-play is fucking broken.



Rant over.



Speaking of music I've been really digging 50's and 60's tunes lately. Maybe it's high time for another installment of "Music I've Been Listening To."


Yep.


I tried this thing yesterday where I locked myself in a room for two hours and did nothing but read, watch, and listen to my own creations. And boy, did I learn something.

In the past, I've written a lot of things that I thought would benefit my future self. I've written down my thoughts about small talk, confidence, and worry.



I consider them my own personal "Meditations."

© CreateSpace

I'm not trying to suck my own dick (Hell, you can check out my motivational blog and be the judge for yourself.) but half of the shit sounds like stuff a lifelong devotee of either Carnegie, Tony Robbins, or Jim Rohn would write.

Nope.

I've just been constantly forsaking my own judgement in pursuit of some kind of external enlightenment.


And you know what the funny thing about that is? One of the reasons I locked myself in that room was because a couple days ago I came to the conclusion that a lot of the things we search for externally are already inside of us.




I couldn't have been more right.

© Hasbro


So as my parting words today, I want to share some advice. Whatever it is you've been chasing for the past couple of days, look inside of yourself.




© Atlantic Records



Think deeply.

Was there a time when you already had it? What can you do to get it back? Is there a reason why you don't have it now?

Think about it.

But know that you don't have to consult anyone or anything outside of yourself and your own mind to find the answers to those questions.


Anyways, I've ranted long enough for today.

Peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment