Wednesday, April 14, 2021

A Eulogy for A Funny Motherfucker

 I just found out that my favorite comedian, Erik Myers, passed away. 

 


I don't need to go into the nitty-gritty but he lost his fight with addiction and wound up not making the trip back down. 

When I tell you that this was one of the funniest motherfuckers in the world, I mean it. Back when I worked at the zoo, I would listen to Erik all day. On those sleepless nights when I was withdrawing from some unknown substance that I'd put into my body, I listened exclusively to Erik. I distinctively remember staring up at the ceiling in my dark room, listening to Erik. And the motherfucker was so funny, I didn't even care if I didn't get to sleep those nights.

He's got some funny ass bits. I admit to repeating his bit about Uber to anyone that's talked to me more than 3 times. I'm listening to his Laugh Factory Special as I type this and he's still hilarious. But it hurts to know that he was struggling with some really bad demons. And that he'll never see the success that he was so goddamn deserving of. 

And I guess I don't have much else to say...

R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment